The following problems were fixed in Apache Tomcat version 7.0.23:
Important: Denial of service CVE-2012-0022
Analysis of the recent hash collision vulnerability identified unrelated inefficiencies with Apache Tomcat's handling of large numbers of parameters and parameter values. These inefficiencies could allow an attacker, via a specially crafted request, to cause large amounts of CPU to be used which in turn could create a denial of service. The issue was addressed by modifying the Tomcat parameter handling code to efficiently process large numbers of parameters and parameter values.
Affected Apache Tomcat versions (7.0.0 - 7.0.22).
- Important: Denial of service CVE-2012-0022
- Upgrade to the latest version of Apache Tomcat.
- WordPress Plugin Polldaddy Polls & Ratings Cross-Site Scripting (2.0.31)
- WordPress Plugin WP-Polls SQL Injection (2.61)
- WordPress Plugin Under Construction/Maintenance Mode from Acurax Multiple Unspecified Vulnerabilities (2.5.2)
- WordPress Plugin Banner Garden Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (0.1.3)
- WordPress Plugin WP-Optimize Multiple Vulnerabilities (126.96.36.199)