This alert was generated using only banner information. It may be a false positive.
The PHP development team would like to announce the immediate availability of PHP 5.2.5. This release focuses on improving the stability of the PHP 5.2.x branch with over 60 bug fixes, several of which are security related. All users of PHP are encouraged to upgrade to this release.
Security Enhancements and Fixes in PHP 5.2.5:
- Fixed dl() to only accept filenames. Reported by Laurent Gaffie.
- Fixed dl() to limit argument size to MAXPATHLEN (CVE-2007-4887). Reported by Laurent Gaffie.
- Fixed htmlentities/htmlspecialchars not to accept partial multibyte sequences. Reported by Rasmus Lerdorf
- Fixed possible triggering of buffer overflows inside glibc implementations of the fnmatch(), setlocale() and glob() functions. Reported by Laurent Gaffie.
- Fixed "mail.force_extra_parameters" php.ini directive not to be modifiable in .htaccess due to the security implications. Reported by SecurityReason.
- Fixed bug #42869 (automatic session id insertion adds sessions id to non-local forms).
- Fixed bug #41561 (Values set with php_admin_* in httpd.conf can be overwritten with ini_set()).
Affected PHP versions (up to 5.2.4).
Upgrade PHP to the latest version.