Directory Traversal is a vulnerability which allows attackers to access restricted directories and execute commands outside of the web server's root directory.
The following programs are vulnerable.
Programs that publish files using WEBrick::HTTPServer.new with the :DocumentRoot option
Programs that publish files using WEBrick::HTTPServlet::FileHandler
Affected systems are:
1. Systems that accept backslash (\) as a path separator, such as Windows.
2. Systems that use case insensitive file-systems such as NTFS on Windows, HFS on Mac OS X.
- Your script should filter metacharacters from user input.
- Joomla! Core 1.7.x Cross-Site Scripting (1.7.0 - 1.7.3)
- WordPress Plugin WP-RESTful Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (0.1)
- WordPress Plugin Local Market Explorer 'api-key' Parameter Cross-Site Scripting (3.1.1)
- WordPress Plugin PopCash.Net Code Integration Tool Cross-Site Scripting (1.0)
- WordPress Plugin Pie Register-Custom Registration Form and User Login Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (1.30)