- WordPress is prone to a cross-site scripting vulnerability because the application fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input. An attacker may leverage this issue to execute arbitrary script code in the browser of an unsuspecting user. This may help the attacker steal cookie-based authentication credentials and launch other attacks. WordPress version 2.1.1 is vulnerable; other versions may also be affected.
- Update to WordPress version 2.1.2 or latest
- WordPress Plugin Live Streaming/Broadcast Live Video Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (4.25.3)
- WordPress Plugin Wordfence Security Cross-Site Scripting (6.0.21)
- WordPress Plugin Carousel slideshow 'swfupload.swf' Cross-Site Scripting (3.10)
- WordPress Plugin Google Pagespeed Insights Cross-Site Scripting (3.0.0)
- WordPress Plugin Flip Slideshow Cross-Site Scripting (2.2)