- WordPress is prone to a cross-site scripting vulnerability because it fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input. An attacker may leverage this issue to execute arbitrary script code in the browser of an unsuspecting user in the context of the affected site. This can allow the attacker to steal cookie-based authentication credentials and launch other attacks. WordPress version 3.3 is vulnerable.
- Update to WordPress version 3.3.1 or latest
- WordPress Plugin bbPress Cross-Site Scripting (2.5.6)
- WordPress Plugin Swipe Checkout for WP e-Commerce Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (3.1.0)
- WordPress Plugin DP Maintenance Mode Lite Cross-Site Scripting (1.3.2)
- WordPress Plugin BuddyPress Activity Plus Cross-Site Scripting (1.6.3)
- WordPress Plugin Contact Form for WordPress-Ultimate Form Builder Lite Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (1.3.2)