- WordPress is prone to a cross-site scripting vulnerability because it fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input. An attacker may leverage this issue to execute arbitrary script code in the browser of an unsuspecting user in the context of the affected site. This can allow the attacker to steal cookie-based authentication credentials and launch other attacks. WordPress version 2.0 is vulnerable; other versions may also be affected.
- Update to WordPress version 2.0.1 or latest
- WordPress Plugin Broken Link Checker Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (1.9.1)
- WordPress Plugin Sermon Browser Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injection Vulnerabilities (0.43)
- WordPress Plugin Gallery-Video Gallery and Youtube Gallery Cross-Site Scripting (1.2.4)
- WordPress Plugin WP Fastest Cache Cross-Site Scripting (0.8.5.5)
- WordPress Plugin BuddyStream Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (2.6.2)