- WordPress is prone to multiple cross-site scripting vulnerabilities because it fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input. An attacker may leverage these issues to execute arbitrary script code in the browser of an unsuspecting user in the context of the affected site. This can allow the attacker to steal cookie-based authentication credentials and launch other attacks. WordPress version 1.2.1 is vulnerable; other versions may also be affected.
- Update to WordPress version 1.5.1 or latest
- Drupal Core 4.6.x Cross-Site Scripting (4.6.0 - 4.6.10)
- WordPress Plugin Transposh WordPress Translation Cross-Site Scripting (0.8.3)
- WordPress Plugin Genesis Simple Share Cross-Site Scripting (1.0.6)
- WordPress Plugin GD bbPress Attachments Cross-Site Scripting (2.5)
- WordPress Plugin CMS Tree Page View 'cms_tpv_view' Parameter Cross-Site Scripting (0.8.8)