You can’t simply rely on firewalls to protect you, because the malicious payloads are delivered via regular HTTP requests. A vulnerability assessment lets you detect known vulnerabilities in your website and fix them to keep your users, your data, and your business safe. These assessments also help you make sure your enterprise security meets industry standards like PCI.
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) creates a list of the top-10 web application security risks that can help you focus your information security efforts. Use security testing tools to reduce the manual work involved in identifying security risks. The best way to ensure your web security is to use assessment tools like Acunetix that probe your site for known security vulnerabilities.
Acunetix advanced technology for vulnerability detection
Complex web applications need sophisticated technology that can test them thoroughly. Acunetix’s vulnerability assessment tool ensures comprehensive vulnerability scanning through:
- AcuSensor technology to instrument server-side code to detect backend vulnerabilities.
- AcuMonitor technology to detect out-of-band vulnerabilities that need an intermediate service for them to be detected.
- Login Sequence Recorder enabling automated testing of login-protected pages.
- Integration with OpenVAS to test for network security vulnerabilities when using Acunetix Online
With those advanced technologies, Acunetix scanning tools deliver complete web server and web application security testing that detect issues including:
- SQL injection and blind SQL injection
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) and blind XSS
- XML External Entity Injection (XXE)
- Server-Side Request Forgery
- Vulnerabilities in WordPress, Drupal and Joomla! plugins, templates, and core.
Vulnerability Management is as important as vulnerability detection
It isn’t enough to generate a list of web application vulnerabilities with a vulnerability scanner; you need to prioritize them and deploy fixes. Acunetix provides vulnerability management features to help you correct the issues and reduce the website security risks the testing tool finds:
- Comprehensive reporting, including line-of-code information to guide developers in fixing web vulnerabilities.
- Integration with issue trackers like Atlassian JIRA, GitHub and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Comparison testing to verify web application vulnerabilities were properly corrected
We use Acunetix as part of our Security in the SDLC and to test code in DEV and SIT before being promoted to Production.