Build v8.0.20120508 – 8th May 2012
New Security Check:
- Acunetix WVS checks if your PHP-CGI installation is vulnerable to remote code execution. For further information regarding this type of vulnerability, read the PHP-CGI advisory article here.
- Ability to edit scheduled scans. No need for scheduling new scans every time you wish to change a scan setting.
- Amend multiple scheduled scans simultaneously by selecting them and applying the required global changes.
- Save all your scanned results and access them at any time from your scheduler’s scan history. You can also delete your scanned results from the web-based scheduler.
- A new setting has been introduced to configure the maximum number of pages during a crawl.
- Improved Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) tests.
- The web-based scheduler has been improved to run better in the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- Enhanced SQL injection tests to reduce the false positives reporting even more.
- The scheduled scans can be correctly imported after upgrading to a more recent build of Acunetix WVS 8.
- The false positives settings node can now support changes from multiple instances at the same time.
- Web Service Definition Language (WSDL) Scanner URL edit box is now able to save history.
Build v8.0.20120423 – 23rd April 2012
- Automatic verification of discovered web vulnerabilities.
Build v8.0.20120326 – 26th March 2012
New Security Checks:
- Acunetix WVS 8 runs security tests for Joomla 1.6.x/1.7.x/2.5.x Privilege Escalation
- Acunetix WVS 8 provides security tests Joomla 1.7/2.5 Core SQL Injection
- More advanced security checks for MongoDB and Rails Mass Assignment.
- The crash in the Login Sequence Recorder has been fixed.
- The Login Sequence Recorder is accurately parsing websites which send back GZIP encoded content, even if it was not specified in the Accept-Encoding header.
- The Acunetix Reporter has improved the handling of missing scans reports.
- The Acunetix Reporter Console supports spaces within the specified parameters.
- The Acunetix Reporter accepts longer input names.
Build v8.0.20120305 – 07th March 2012
New Security Checks:
- Scanning of Web Statistics Software Applications such as AWStats and Webalizer. Acunetix WVS crawls the result pages of your website(s) statistics software application and notifies you if sensitive data is disclosed in such pages.
- Automatic checks for ASP Code injection vulnerability.
- Further security checks for SQLite Databases.
- Security checks for Rails Mass Assignment.
- Ability to stop the website crawling and proceed with the scan at anytime.
- Posibility to choose a scan report template that you would like to use when scheduling a scan.
- Scripts are being executed faster thus the scans are taking less time to complete.
- Improved security scripts for Blind SQL injection, Remote File Inclusion XSS, File Inclusion and Directory Traversal.
- If a variant check for a specific vulnerability times out, the next variant checks assigned for that type of vulnerability will be launched automatically.
- Crawler: input encoding was not correct for _EVENTTARGET = and /
- Ansi string was not working correctly when using specific languages other than English.
Build v8.0.20120215 – 16th February 2012
– NEW VERSION
- Manipulation of inputs from URL’s
- Automatic IIS 7 rewrite rule interpretation
- Support for custom HTTP headers during automated scans
- Imperva Web Application Firewall integration
- Multiple instance support for scanning multiple websites in parallel
- New web-based Scheduler
- Automatic custom 404 error page recognition and detection
- Scan settings templates
- Simplified Scan Wizard
- Smart memory management
- Real-time Crawler status
- Scan termination status included in report
- Web application coverage report
- Configuration of log files retention
New Vulnerability Classes Checks:
- HTTP Parameter Pollution
- MongoDB Injection
- NodeJs Injection
- Expression Language Injection
New Web Security Audit Checks:
- Check website content for Bazaar source code repository
- Check website content for Mercurial source code repository
- Check website content for source code GIT repository
- Disclosure of HTML Forms in redirect pages
- Security audit of alternative PHP cache
- Check for insecure preg replace in PHP
- Apache httpOnly Cookie Disclosure
- Elmah Information Disclosure
- Checks for Options web server method
- PHP Hash Collision Denial Of Service
- Plone&Zope Remote Command Execution
- Checks for Reverse Proxy bypass
- CakePHP web application Audit
- Web applications Configuration File Disclosure
- phpThumb web application audit
- Struts2 Remote Code Execution
- Tiny MCE web application audit
- Uploadify web application audit
- Webmail web application audit
Improved the Web Security Audit Scripts for:
- SQL Injection
- XSS (Cross site scripting)
- Code Execution
- CRLF Injection
- Directory Traversal
- File Inclusion
- PHP Code Execution
- Backup Files
- Sensitive Text Search
- Secure Socket Layer configuration
- Error Messages
- ASP.NET Application Trace
- .htaccess File Configuration
- Http Verb Tampering
- PHPInfo / PHP Configuration
- Possible Sensitive Directories Disclosure
- Possible Sensitive Files Disclosure
- SQL Injection In Basic Authentication
- SQL Injection In URI
- SVN Repository Disclosure
- Trojan Scripts
- File Upload Form Audits
- Generic Oracle Padding
- Web Form based Authentication
- LDAP Injection
- Script Source Code Disclosure
- XFS and Redir
- XPath Injection
- Apache Geronimo Default Administrative Credentials
- ColdFusion v9 Solr Exposed
- Error Pages with Path Disclosure
- Frontpage Authors Passwords
- Frontpage Extensions Enabled
- IIS Unicode Directory Traversal
- JBoss Web Server Configuration
- Unprotected phpMyAdmin Interface
- Web Server Version Checks
- XML External Entity Injection
- FCKEditor security audit
- Struts2 XWork Remote Code Execution
- Smart Memory management (ability to scan larger websites)
- Detection of more web security vulnerability variants