Adding a Website in Acunetix 360
In order to execute a security scan on a website using Acunetix 360, you first need to add the Website in the New Website window. If the website is not included and you launch a scan, the system will display an error (‘The Target URL is required.’) If the website is not recognized and you launch a scan, the system will display an error (‘No website could be found with this URL on this account. Go to Websites from the menu and add a website now.’)
If you want to add more than one website at a time, or if you have lots of websites to scan, see Importing Websites in Acunetix 360.
How to Add a Website in Acunetix 360
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- From the main menu, select Websites > New Website.
- In the Name field, enter a friendly name for the website.
- In the Description field, enter information for the website.
- In the URL field, enter the website's URL. It must include ‘http’ or ‘https'.
- In the Website Groups checklist, by default, the website is part of the Default group. Select another option, if relevant. Alternatively, select Select All. (For further information, see Website Groups in Acunetix 360.)
- From the Technical Contact drop-down list, select an option. (The current user is the default technical contact.)
- In Acunetix 360 (On-Demand only), there is an additional field, Agent Mode. Select an option.
- Select Save.