Adding a website or API
To run a security scan on a website using Acunetix 360, you need to add a website or API.
- If the website is not included and you try to launch a scan, Acunetix 360 displays the following error: The Target URL is required.
- If the website is not recognized and you try to launch a scan, Acunetix 360 displays the following error: No website could be found with this URL on this account. Go to Websites from the menu and add a website now.
Many websites to add? See Importing Websites in Acunetix 360.
Once you add a website, it will immediately use a license.
How to add a website or API in Acunetix 360
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- From the main menu, select Websites & APIs > New Website or API.
- In the Name field, enter a friendly name for the website.
- In the Description field, enter information for the website.
- In the URL field, enter the website's URL. It must include ‘http’ or ‘https'.
- In the Website Groups checklist, by default, the website is part of the Default group. Select another option, if relevant. Alternatively, select Select All. (For further information, see Website Groups in Acunetix 360.)
- From the Technical Contact drop-down list, select an option. (The current user is the default technical contact.)
- In the Website Tags field, enter a name or value. (For further information, see Tagging websites in Acunetix 360.)
- In Acunetix 360 (On-Demand only), there is an additional field, Agent Mode. Select an option.
- Select Save.
Once saved, you can access the list of your websites in Acunetix 360. To do this, from the main menu, select Websites > Websites. From the list, you can edit and delete websites.