Updating Acunetix 360 On-Premises
Acunetix 360 is available as both an On-Demand and On-Premises solution.
The On-Premises solution runs on your servers and network, so you need to update it manually when there is an update. Updating it allows you to scan your web application with new security checks and improvements against the latest threats to security.
This topic explains how to update Acunetix 360 On-Premises. In order to install and configure the On-Premises, see Installing and Configuring Acunetix 360 On-Premises.
While updating Acunetix 360 On-Premises, it is recommended to pause any scans.
.NET framework 4.7.2 is required for the latest update. The installers will configure .NET Framework 4.7.2 if it's not available on the target system
How to Update Acunetix 360 On-Premises
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- In the Global Dashboard, click Download the latest update. The download will begin automatically.
- From the download location, extract the .zip file to a directory. Make sure the following files appear in the extracted folder.
- WebAppSetup.exe (Acunetix 360 Application Server installer)
- AgentSetup.exe (Acunetix 360 Agent installer)
- AuthVerifierSetup.exe (Acunetix 360 Authentication Verifier installer)
- Run the WebAppSetup.exe file. The Acunetix 360 Web Application Setup wizard is displayed and opens at the Ready to Install step.
- Click Install. The Installing Acunetix 360 Web Application step is displayed. Wait.
- The Completing the Acunetix 360 Web Application Setup Wizard step is displayed.
- Click Finish.
- Now, update the Acunetix 360 Agent. To do this, there are two alternatives:
- You can run the AgentSetup.exe file and follow the steps to update the Agent.
- Or, you can follow the steps below:
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- From the main menu, click Agents, then Manage Agents. The Agents window is displayed.
- From the Commands drop-down, click Update Agent. The Update Agent window is displayed.
- Click Yes. Once the agent is updated, Acunetix 360 will notify you.
The agent can auto-update itself if you enabled the Enable Auto Update in the Commands drop-down. For further information, see Agents in Acunetix 360 On-Premises.
- Now, run the AuthVerifierSetup.exe file and follow the steps to update the Authentication Verifier.
Once you update all these files, you can start using Acunetix 360 On-Premises. There is no additional step to re-configure the new version.
You can check the Acunetix 360's version from the About available under [Your Name] (top right of window).