Integrating Acunetix 360 with an Issue Tracking System
Integrating Acunetix 360 with an issue tracking system means that you can have vulnerabilities identified during a web application security scan automatically created as issues in your issue tracking system.
This type of integration in Acunetix 360 is called Endpoint Integration. Integrations, regardless of the issue tracking system used, are configured in Acunetix 360.
Alternatively, you can send issues manually to an issue tracking system (see Sending Vulnerabilities Manually to an Issue Tracking System).
For further information, see What Systems Does Acunetix 360 Integrate With?.
Configuring Endpoint Integration
In this example, for the purposes of illustration, we will use two websites and two different Jira projects, to illustrate how you can configure multiple integrations.
Introduction to Test Setup
- The first website is a PHP website, for which we have a Kanban Project on Jira. For this website, we will configure the integration in such a way that all vulnerabilities of Medium or higher severity are automatically recreated in Jira.
- The second website is an ASP website, for which we have a Scrum Project on Jira. For this website, we will configure the integration in such a way that all vulnerabilities of Important or higher severity are automatically recreated in Jira.
How to Integrate Acunetix 360 with an Issue Tracking System
- From the main menu, click Integrations, then New Integration. The Issue Tracking Systems section is displayed.
- In this example, we are integrating Acunetix 360 into Jira. Click Integrate Jira. The New JIRA Integration window is displayed.
- Complete the following project details: Name, URL, Username or Email, Password and the remainder of the project details. Hover the mouse over the tooltip icon () to view additional details for each one.
- Click Save.
- Alternatively, you can also test the integration with a sample issue by clicking Create Sample Issue. If the issue is recreated successfully, a green success notification will be displayed together with a clickable issue number, at the top of the window (in this example, 'KP-34').
- Click the issue number in the green success notification to open the issue in a new browser tab in your issue tracking system. (The screenshot shows a sample Jira issue.)
- To add additional projects (such as an ASP project) repeat the instructions.