Integrating Acunetix 360 with Kafka
Apache Kafka is a distributed streaming platform. Kafka provides a unified, high-throughput, low-latency platform for handling real-time data feeds.
This topic explains how to configure Acunetix 360 to send a detected vulnerability to your Kafka cluster.
For further information, see What Systems Does Acunetix 360 Integrate With?.
This table lists and explains the Kafka Fields in the New Kafka Integration window.
This is the name of the configuration that will be shown elsewhere.
This section contains fields that must be completed.
This is the topic of the message.
Scheme Registry Url
This is the url for the schema registry of Avro serialization.
This section contains user-defined custom fields.
New Custom Field
Click to create a new custom field.
Enter a name for the new custom field.
Enter a value for the new custom field identifier.
Click the dropdown to change the input type. The options are:
Create Sample Issue
Once all relevant fields have been configured, click to create a sample issue.
How to Integrate Acunetix 360 with Kafka
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- From the main menu, click Integrations, then New Integration.
- From the Issue Tracking Systems section, click Kafka. The New Kafka Integration window is displayed.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the integration.
- In the Mandatory section, complete the connection details:
- In the Data Serialization field, do one of the following:
- Select JSON Serialized
- Select JSON Serialized (Flattened)
- Select Avro Serialized
- The Kafka Producer API has detailed configuration options. You can add them using Custom Fields. (If you want to specify path based producer configuration, upload the relevant file. Use the dropdown to switch the file type to File upload.)
- Click Create Sample Issue to confirm that Acunetix 360 can connect to the configured system and create a sample issue. A confirmation message is displayed to confirm that the sample issue has been successfully created.
Here is a sample JSON Serialized message that was produced by Acunetix 360.
- Click Save.
How to Export Reported Vulnerabilities to Projects in Kafka
There are several ways to send issues to Kafka with Acunetix 360:
- Once notifications have been configured, you can configure Acunetix 360 to automatically send vulnerabilities after scanning has been completed (see How to Configure a Notification to Report Vulnerabilities to an Issue Tracking System).
- You can send one or more issues from the Issues window:
- You must have Manage Issue permission.
- From the main menu, select Issues, then All Issues. The Issues window is displayed.
- Select one or more issues you want to send.
- Click Send To, then Kafka.
- A popup is displayed, with a link to the issue you have sent to Kafka. If there is an error, this information will be displayed instead.
- You can send an issue from the Recent Scans window:
- From the main menu, click Scans then Recent Scans.
- Next to the relevant scan, click Report. The report is displayed.
- Scroll down to the Technical Report section.
- From the list of detected vulnerabilities, click to select an issue and display its details.
- Click Send To, then Kafka.