Integrating Acunetix 360 with Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is a unified communications platform that combines team messaging and calling, video scheduling and meetings, file storage and collaboration, and an education forum. It integrates with Office 365 and has extensions to integrate with non-Microsoft products too.
This topic explains how to configure Acunetix 360 to send a detected vulnerability to Microsoft Teams.
For further information, see What Systems Does Acunetix 360 Integrate With?.
Microsoft Teams Fields
This table lists and explains the Microsoft Teams fields in the New Microsoft Integration window.
This is the name of the configuration that will be shown elsewhere.
This section contains fields that must be completed.
This is the webhook URL to which issues are sent.
This is the string format that is used to create the vulnerability title.
This section contains optional fields.
This is the color of the message card.
Create Sample Issue
Once all relevant fields have been configured, click to create a sample issue.
How to Integrate Acunetix 360 with Microsoft Teams
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- From the main menu, click Integrations then New Integration.
- From the Communication section, click Microsoft Teams. The New Microsoft Teams Integration window is displayed.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the integration.
- In the Mandatory section, complete the connection details:
- WebHook URL
- Title Format
- In the Optional section, you can specify:
- Theme Color
- Click Create Sample Issue to confirm that Acunetix 360 can connect to the configured system. A confirmation message is displayed to confirm that the sample issue has been successfully created.
- If the Microsoft Teams integration is not configured correctly, Acunetix 360 will correctly route the following descriptive error messages to you. Sample error messages may be displayed as illustrated:
- If the Webhook Url was entered incorrectly
- Click Save to save the integration.
How to Export Reported Vulnerabilities to Projects in Microsoft Teams
There are several ways to send issues to Microsoft Teams with Acunetix 360:
- Once notifications have been configured, you can configure Acunetix 360 to automatically send vulnerabilities after scanning has been completed (see How to Configure a Notification to Report Vulnerabilities to an Issue Tracking System).
- You can send one or more issues from the Issues window:
- You must have Manage Issue permission.
- From the main menu, select Issues then All Issues. The Issues window is displayed.
- Select one or more issues you want to send.
- Click Send To, then Microsoft Teams.
- A popup is displayed, with a message to the issue you have sent to Microsoft Teams. If there is an error, this information will be displayed instead.
- You can send an issue from the Recent Scans window:
- From the main menu, click Scans then Recent Scans.
- Next to the relevant scan, click Report. The report is displayed.
- Scroll down to the Technical Report section.
- From the list of detected vulnerabilities, click to select an issue and display its details.
- Click Send To, then Microsoft Teams
- If you have previously submitted this vulnerability to Microsoft Teams, it will already be accessible. You cannot submit the same issue twice.
- If you view opened problem logs in Microsoft Teams, they look like this.