Integrating Acunetix 360 with TFS
TFS (Team Foundation Server) is a Microsoft product that covers the entire application lifecycle, including issue tracking, reporting, project management, and testing capabilities. TFS 2012 and later versions are supported.
This topic explains how to configure Acunetix 360 to send a detected vulnerability to TFS.
This table lists and explains the TFS Fields in the New TFS Integration window.
This is the name of the configuration that will be shown elsewhere.
This section contains fields that must be completed.
This is the TFS project web address.
This is the name of the user.
This is the password of the user.
This is the string format that is used to create the vulnerability title.
This section contains optional fields.
This is domain of the user
Work Item Type Name
Name of the work item type (bug, task).
This is the user to whom the issue is assigned.
These are the work item tags, separated by a semicolon (;).
This section contains user-defined custom fields.
New Custom Field
Click to create a new custom field.
Enter a name for the new custom field.
Enter a value for the new custom field.
Click the dropdown to change the input type. The options are:
Create Sample Issue
Once all relevant fields have been configured, click to create a sample issue.
How to Integrate Acunetix 360 with TFS
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- From the main menu, click Integrations, then New Integration.
- From the Issue Tracking Systems section, click TFS. The New TFS Integration window is displayed.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the integration.
- In the Mandatory section, complete the connection details:
- Project URI
- Title Format
- In the Optional section, you can specify:
- Work Item Type Name
- Assigned To
- In the Custom Fields section, click New Custom Field. New Name and Value fields are displayed.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the custom field.
- Next to the Value field, click the dropdown, select a field type, then complete the field.
- Click Create Sample Issue to confirm that Acunetix 360 can connect to the configured system. A confirmation message is displayed to confirm that the sample issue has been successfully created.
- In the confirmation message, click the Issue number link to open the issue in your default browser.
- If the TFS integration is not configured correctly, Acunetix 360 will correctly route the following descriptive error message to you.
How to Export Reported Vulnerabilities to Projects in TFS
There are several ways to send issues to TFS with Acunetix 360:
- Once notifications have been configured, you can configure Acunetix 360 to automatically send vulnerabilities after scanning has been completed (see How to Configure a Notification to Report Vulnerabilities to an Issue Tracking System).
- You can send one or more issues from the Issues window:
- You must have Manage Issue permission.
- From the main menu, select Issues, then All Issues. The Issues window is displayed.
- Select one or more issues you want to send.
- Click Send To, then TFS.
- A popup is displayed, with a link to the issue you have sent to TFS. If there is an error, this information will be displayed instead.
- You can send an issue from the Recent Scans window:
- From the main menu, click Scans then Recent Scans.
- Next to the relevant scan, click Report. The report is displayed.
- Scroll down to the Technical Report section.
- From the list of detected vulnerabilities, click to select an issue and display its details.
- Click Send To, then TFS.
- If you have previously submitted this vulnerability to TFS, it will already be accessible. You cannot submit the same issue twice.