Configuring Email and SMS Notification Rules
In Acunetix 360, you can configure email and SMS email notifications so you and your users can be notified instantly about the status of a web application security scan, or when specific vulnerabilities are identified on the web applications you are scanning.
The email and SMS notifications in Acunetix 360 allow you to be notified about urgent items. For example, you can be notified via SMS when one or more critical vulnerabilities are identified on a live website.
Not all web applications and vulnerabilities have the same criticality. The urgency of fixing a cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability on a staging website is different from that of a cross-site scripting vulnerability on a live website.
- The live website needs immediate attention because it is available to the public and attackers can easily find such vulnerability and exploit it.
- On the other hand, finding vulnerabilities on a staging website is expected. After all, that is the purpose of having and scanning a staging website for vulnerabilities; to identify any possible vulnerabilities before the code is migrated to a live environment.
How to Configure Email and SMS Notification Rules
- From the main menu, click Notifications, then New Notification.
- In the Name field, enter a name.
- In the Status field, ensure the status is set to Enabled.
- From the Event dropdown, select an option.
- In the Email Recipients, SMS Recipients, Excluded Recipients and Integration Endpoints fields, start typing then select the relevant recipients.
- Click Save.