Executive Summary Report
The Executive Scan Report provides a summary of the scan results.
- The Executive Summary Report enables you to view all issues and recommendations within a single document.
- It is useful to executives and managers because it provides an overview of your system’s security state, displaying the number, severity, and types of identified vulnerabilities in a quickly digestible format.
- It also provides business impact and suggestions. For example, you can find out the compliance lapses.
- This report contains brief details about your scan, such as Scan Time and Duration.
- It can be exported in HTML or PDF format.
Click to view a sample Executive Summary Report.
Executive Summary Report Sections
There are two sections in the Executive Summary Report:
- Scan Metadata
- Vulnerability Summary
- Compliance Summary
This section provides details on the following items:
- Scan Target
- Scan Time
- Scan Duration
- Total Requests
- Average Speed
- Risk Level
This section provides a summary of information about each discovered vulnerability in the scan and categorizes them based on severity. For example, if Acunetix 360 determines a vulnerability as Critical, it requires immediate attention.
This list consists of:
- VULNERABILITY An issue that malicious hackers can attack
- SUGGESTED ACTION What Acunetix 360 recommends
This table lists the Suggested Actions and their business impact.
This means you should prioritize this vulnerability and act immediately.
This means you should prioritize this vulnerability and first verify, then start fixing.
This means you should start fixing this vulnerability in the shortest possible time.
This means you should start fixing this vulnerability after verifying it.
Consider fixing after confirmed
This means you can start working on this vulnerability after confirmation, but it does not pose a critical threat to your system.
This means you can start working on this vulnerability, but it does not pose a critical threat to your system.
No Action Required
This means if you implement this recommendation, it provides an extra layer of security.
For further information, see Vulnerability Severity Levels.
This section categorizes vulnerabilities based on their classification.
This table lists and explains the classifications.
PCI DSS v3.2
The PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Saving Standard) sets criteria for companies that rely on payment by credit and/or debit cards.
The OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) 2013 Top Ten lists the most critical security risks to web applications.
The OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) 2017 Top Ten lists the most critical security risks to web applications.
SANS Top 25
The SANS Top 25 lists the most dangerous software errors of the Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE).
The HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) determines criteria for organizations that process health data digitally to comply with the classification.
ISO 27001 Information Security Management Systems Standard specifies the correct management of data. It lists the controls and objectives to increase, develop, and manage the security of data.
How to Generate an Executive Summary Report in Acunetix 360
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- From the main menu, click Scans, then Recent Scans. The Recent Scans window is displayed.
- Next to the relevant scan, click Report. The Scan Summary window is displayed.
- Click Export. The Export Report dialog is displayed.
- From the Report dropdown, select Executive Summary.
- From the Format dropdown, select an option.
- If required, select one of the following to configure your report:
- Exclude Addressed Issues excludes those issues on which you've already taken action. (All Information level findings are marked as Accepted Risk automatically by default. To change this behavior, see Do not mark Information issues as accepted risks in General Settings).
- Export Confirmed includes only those issues that are confirmed.
- Export Unconfirmed includes only those issues that are unconfirmed.
- Click Export. You can view the report in the Save location.