HIPAA Compliance Report
The HIPAA Compliance Report helps your organization to comply with the United States' Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
Healthcare organizations are among those who go to great lengths to secure their systems and websites against malicious attackers. If they fail to do so, they face the loss of credibility and reputation and may incur heavy penalties with the HIPAA.
- With the HIPAA Compliance Report, you can easily identify roadblocks that prevent your organization from being compliant.
- Both Acunetix 360 on-demand and on premises editions allow you to generate an HIPAA Report. To view technical details, you need to click on the relevant vulnerability.
- The report lists vulnerabilities that violate the HIPAA standards and provides technical details of each vulnerability. It helps you to fix those vulnerabilities and issues.
There can be other vulnerabilities and security issues found in your web applications but not listed in the HIPAA Compliance Report.
Click to view a sample HIPAA Compliance Report.
HIPAA Compliance Report Sections
There are four sections in the HIPAA Compliance Report:
- Scan Metadata
- Scan Overview
- Vulnerability Names and Details
- Show/Hide Scan Details
This section provides details on the following items:
- Scan Target
- Scan Time
- Scan Duration
- Total Requests
- Average Speed
- Risk Level
For further information, see Progress, and Scan Duration and Speed.
This provides a numerical and graphic overview of:
- Numbers The numbers of issues detected at various Vulnerability Severity Levels
- Identified Vulnerabilities The total number of detected vulnerabilities
- Confirmed Vulnerabilities The total number of vulnerabilities that Acunetix 360 verified by taking extra steps such as extracting some data from the target
Vulnerability Names and Details
This section describes all identified issues and vulnerabilities, along with their Impact and Proof of Exploit. It also explains what Actions to Take and a Remedy for each one, including External References for more information.
This table lists and explains the headings in the Vulnerability Names and Details section.
This is the name of the identified issue.
Proof of Exploit
This is a piece of evidence to prove that vulnerability exists and information that is extracted from the target using the vulnerability.
For further information, see What is Acunetix 360?
This displays further details about the vulnerability.
This indicates how much Acunetix 360 is sure about the identified issue.
This shows the effect of the issue or vulnerability on the Target URL.
Required Skills for Successful Exploitation
This gives details on how malicious hackers could exploit this issue.
Actions to Take
These are the immediate steps you can take to decrease the impact or prevent exploitation.
This offers further steps to resolve the identified issue.
This provides links to other websites where you can find more information.
HIPAA: This set of requirements is determined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of the United States.
Proof of Concept Notes
These notes demonstrate in principle how a system may be compromised.
This provides further information on the solution of identified issues.
This is the whole HTTP request that Acunetix 360 sent to detect the issue.
This is the reply from the system against the payload.
Show Scan Detail
This section provides some profile and policy settings that Acunetix 360 uses to adjust its scanning to reach more coverage. For example, it lists all enabled security checks.
It provides information on your preference in selecting this scan so that developers have more details on how the scan was run.
For further information, see Security Checks.
How to Generate an HIPAA Compliance Report in Acunetix 360
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- From the main menu, click Scans, then Recent Scans. The Recent Scans window is displayed.
- Next to the relevant scan, click Report. The Scan Summary window is displayed.
- Click Export. The Export Report dialog is displayed.
- From the Report dropdown, select HIPAA Compliance.
- From the Format dropdown, select an option.
- If required, select one of the following to configure your report:
- Exclude Addressed Issues excludes those issues on which you've already taken action. (All Information level findings are marked as Accepted Risk automatically by default. To change this behavior, see Do not mark Information issues as accepted risks in General Settings).
- Only Confirmed Issues includes only those issues that are confirmed.
- Click Export. You can view the report in the Save location.