Out of Scope Links Node
Out of Scope Links are those links that are excluded from a scan in the Scan Scope settings.
Acunetix 360 aims to crawl every part of the target web application and collate links it finds. It then attacks these links to identify vulnerable points.
However, Acunetix 360 still allows you to determine the scope of the scan:
- You can decide to exclude a part of the web application from the scan to determine the scan scope.
- In addition, Acunetix 360 excludes URLs with image files, advertising networks, and links discovered by the scanner after the link pool limit exceeded.
To inform you which part of the target web application remains uncrawled, the scanner provides a list of those pages.
You can access this information under the Knowledge Base panel in Acunetix 360. This information enables you to fine tune your scan settings if you want Acunetix 360 to scan these web pages in subsequent scans.
Once the scan is completed, all out of scope Links are listed under the Out of Scope node in the Knowledge Base. You can access the same information in the Knowledge Base Report and Knowledge Base Tab.
Acunetix 360 forms Knowledge Base nodes on its findings. If the Out of Scope Links node is not listed, it means that Acunetix 360 did not find any.
For further information, see Knowledge Base Nodes.
How to View the Out of Scope Links Node in Acunetix 360
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- From the main menu, click Scans, then Recent Scans. The Recent Scans window is displayed.
- Next to the relevant website, click Report.
- From the Technical Report section, click the Knowledge Base tab.
- Click the Out of Scope Links node. The information is displayed in an Out of Scope Links tab.