Updating Acunetix for Linux
This article explains how to run the latest Acunetix installation for Linux directly on the machine running the previous version of Acunetix. The installation will detect the older version and proceed with updating it to the latest version. All your settings will be retained.
How to update to the latest Acunetix version
- Close all instances of Acunetix.
- Optionally backup the Acunetix data folder, which includes the Acunetix database and other settings. These are all found in /home/acunetix/.acunetix.
- Click the link below to get the latest Linux version of Acunetix:
Download Acunetix for Linux
- Open a Terminal Window.
- Use chmod to add the executable permissions on the installation file.
For example: chmod +x acunetix_24.1.200205121_x64.sh
- Run the installation.
For example: sudo ./acunetix_24.1.200205121_x64.sh
- Review and accept the License Agreement.
- Configure the hostname which will be used to access the Acunetix UI.
- Provide credentials for the Administrative user account. These will be used to access and configure Acunetix.
- Proceed with the installation.