Deploying AcuSensor for ASP .NET
First, you need to download the AcuSensor agent for your Target.
The AcuSensor agent will need to be deployed to your web application. This section describes how to deploy AcuSensor to an ASP.NET web application.
- Install Prerequisites on the server hosting the website: The AcuSensor installer application requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher.
- Copy the AcuSensor installation files to the server hosting the .NET website.
Screenshot – Acunetix .NET AcuSensor installation
- Double click AcuSensorInstaller.exe to install the Acunetix .NET AcuSensor agent and proceed through the installation wizard.
- You will be asked to insert the AcuSensor password. This should match the one that you used in the Acunetix settings.
- After the installation is complete, you will be prompted to launch the Acunetix .NET AcuSensor Manager.
Screenshot – Acunetix .NET AcuSensor Manager
- On start-up, the Acunetix .NET AcuSensor Manager will retrieve a list of .NET applications installed on your server. Select which applications you would like to enhance with the AcuSensor Technology and click Install Sensor to install the AcuSensor Technology sensor in the selected .NET applications. Once the sensor has been installed, close the confirmation window and also the AcuSensor manager.
Disabling and Removing AcuSensor for ASP .NET websites
To remove and disable the sensor from your website:
- From Start > Programs, open the Acunetix .NET AcuSensor Manager
Screenshot - Select website and click Remove Sensor
- Select the website where the AcuSensor agent is deployed and click Remove Sensor to remove the AcuSensor Agent from the site.
- Close the Acunetix .NET AcuSensor Manager.
- If needed, you can also uninstall the Acunetix .NET AcuSensor Manager from the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel.
Note: Although the Acunetix AcuSensor agent is secured with a strong password, it is recommended that the AcuSensor client files are uninstalled and removed from the web application if they are no longer in use.