Minimum System Requirements
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 and later
- CPU: 64 bit processor
- System memory: minimum of 2 GB RAM
- Storage: 200 MB of available hard-disk space.
This does not include the storage required to save the scan results - this will depend on the level of usage of Acunetix.
- Download the latest version of Acunetix from the download location provided when you purchased the license.
- Double click the installation file to launch the Acunetix installation wizard and click Next when prompted.
- Review and accept the License Agreement.
- Provide credentials for the Administrative user account. These will be used to access and configure Acunetix.
- Configure how the Acunetix Web UI is accessed, and if remote UI access is allowed.
- Review the installation tasks, and click Install to start the installation.
- Setup will now copy all files and install the Acunetix services.
- Click Finish when ready.
Activating your Acunetix Installation
After the installation, Acunetix needs to be activated using your license key. This can be done using the Acunetix Activation utility which can be loaded from the Acunetix program group. Insert your License key and your details and proceed with the product activation.
At this stage, you can also choose to Register your installation with the AcuMonitor service. AcuMonitor is used to detect certain type of vulnerabilities, such Blind XSS, SSRF, XXE and other out of band vulnerabilities which can only be detected using an intermediary service. More information on AcuMonitor can be found at http://www.acunetix.com/vulnerability-scanner/acumonitor-blind-xss-detection/.
Product activation requires a connection to the internet.
Installing AcuSensor in your web application
If you need to scan a .NET, JAVA or PHP web application, you should install Acunetix AcuSensor on your web application in order to improve the detection of vulnerabilities, get the line in the source code where vulnerabilities are located and decrease false positives.
To upgrade from Acunetix version 11 to Acunetix version 12:
- Close all instances of Acunetix (and related utilities such as the Login Sequence Recorder)
- Optionally backup the Acunetix data folder which includes the Acunetix database and other settings. These are all found in <C:\ProgramData\Acunetix>
- You can run the Acunetix 12 installation on the machine running Acunetix 11. The installation will detect the older version, and will proceed with upgrading it to the latest version. All your settings will be retained.