- mod_negotiation is an Apache module responsible for selecting the document that best matches the clients capabilities, from one of several available documents. If the client provides an invalid Accept header, the server will respond with a 406 Not Acceptable error containing a pseudo directory listing. This behaviour can help an attacker to learn more about his target, for example, generate a list of base names, generate a list of interesting extensions, look for backup files and so on.
Disable the MultiViews directive from Apache's configuration file and restart Apache.
You can disable MultiViews by creating a .htaccess file containing the following line:
- WordPress Plugin wp-FileManager Arbitrary File Disclosure (1.3.0)
- XML external entity injection via File Upload
- XML external entity injection via external file
- WordPress Plugin Better WordPress Minify Arbitrary File Disclosure (1.2.2)
- WordPress Plugin Ultimate Member-User Profile & Membership Information Disclosure (1.2.5)