- WordPress is prone to a cross-site scripting vulnerability because the application fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input. An attacker may leverage this issue to execute arbitrary script code in the browser of an unsuspecting user in the context of the affected site. This may help the attacker steal cookie-based authentication credentials and launch other attacks. WordPress version 2.3 is vulnerable.
- Update to WordPress version 2.3.1 or latest
- WordPress Plugin Crayon Syntax Highlighter Security Bypass (2.6.10)
- WordPress Plugin Relevanssi-A Better Search SQL Injection (3.2)
- WordPress Plugin Media Tagz Gallery Multiple Unspecified Vulnerabilities (1.0)
- WordPress Possible SQL Injection Vulnerability (0.70 - 3.6.1)
- WordPress Plugin DFD Reddcoin Tips Cross-Site Scripting (1.1.1)