- WordPress is prone to a cross-site scripting vulnerability because the application fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input. An attacker may leverage this issue to execute arbitrary script code in the browser of an unsuspecting user in the context of the affected site. This may help the attacker steal cookie-based authentication credentials and launch other attacks. WordPress version 2.3 is vulnerable.
- Update to WordPress version 2.3.1 or latest
- WordPress Plugin MyThemeShop Theme/Plugin Updater Cross-Site Scripting (1.2.3)
- WordPress Plugin RocketTheme RokBox 'jwplayer.swf' Cross-Site Scripting (2.11)
- WordPress Plugin Thank You Counter Button Cross-Site Scripting (1.8.2)
- WordPress Plugin Share and Follow 'admin.php' Cross-Site Scripting (1.80.3)
- WordPress Plugin WordPress-Amazon-Associate (WPAA) Cross-Site Scripting (2.0)