- WordPress is prone to a cross-site scripting vulnerability because it fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input. An attacker may leverage this issue to execute arbitrary script code in the browser of an unsuspecting user in the context of the affected site. This can allow the attacker to steal cookie-based authentication credentials and launch other attacks. WordPress versions prior to 3.0.4 are vulnerable.
- Update to WordPress version 3.0.4 or latest
- WordPress Plugin TallyKit Cross-Site Scripting (5.4)
- WordPress Plugin CigiCigi Post Guest Cross-Site Scripting (1.0.5)
- WordPress Plugin Keyring Cross-Site Scripting (1.5)
- WordPress Plugin Admin Bar User Switching Cross-Site Scripting (1.0.4)
- WordPress Plugin iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security) Cross-Site Scripting (5.3.4)