- WordPress is prone to a cross-site scripting vulnerability because it fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input. An attacker may leverage this issue to execute arbitrary script code in the browser of an unsuspecting user in the context of the affected site. This can allow the attacker to steal cookie-based authentication credentials and launch other attacks. WordPress versions 4.2.x ranging from 4.2 and up to (and including) 4.2.5 are vulnerable.
- Update to WordPress version 4.2.6 or latest
- WordPress Plugin FormGet Contact Form Cross-Site Scripting (5.3)
- WordPress Plugin Floating Social Bar Cross-Site Scripting (1.1.6)
- WordPress Plugin FV Flowplayer Video Player Cross-Site Scripting (6.6.4)
- WordPress Plugin VideoJS-HTML5 Video Player Cross-Site Scripting (3.2.3)
- WordPress Plugin Vodpod Video Gallery 'gid' Parameter Cross-Site Scripting (3.1.5)