- WordPress is prone to multiple cross-site scripting and SQL injection vulnerabilities because it fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input. An attacker may leverage these issues to execute arbitrary script code in the browser of an unsuspecting user in the context of the affected site, to steal cookie-based authentication credentials, to compromise the application, access or modify data or to exploit vulnerabilities in the underlying database. It is reported that WordPress version 1.2.2 does not address all the vulnerabilities and it is still vulnerable to some cross-site scripting and SQL injection issues.
- Update to WordPress version 1.5.1 or latest
- WordPress Plugin Ready! Ecommerce Shopping Cart Multiple Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerabilities (0.5.0)
- WordPress Plugin Portfolio Gallery-Photo Gallery Multiple Unspecified Vulnerabilities (2.0.72)
- WordPress Plugin Ultimate Member-User Profile & Membership Multiple Vulnerabilities (1.3.88)
- WordPress 3.4 Multiple Vulnerabilities (3.4 - 3.4)
- WordPress Plugin Recipes Writer Cross-Site Scripting (1.0.4)