- WordPress is prone to multiple cross-site scripting vulnerabilities because it fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input. An attacker may leverage these issues to execute arbitrary script code in the browser of an unsuspecting user in the context of the affected site. This may allow the attacker to steal cookie-based authentication credentials and to launch other attacks. WordPress version 2.3 is vulnerable; other versions may also be affected.
- Update to WordPress latest version
- WordPress Plugin Rockhoist Badges Cross-Site Scripting (1.2.2)
- WordPress Plugin ALO EasyMail Newsletter Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (2.4.7)
- WordPress Plugin Nginx Helper Cross-Site Scripting (1.8.9)
- WordPress Plugin Social Essentials-Social Stats and Sharing Buttons Cross-Site Scripting (1.3.1)
- WordPress Plugin Simple visitor stat Cross-Site Scripting (1.0)