- WordPress is prone to multiple cross-site scripting vulnerabilities because it fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input. An attacker may leverage these issues to execute arbitrary script code in the browser of an unsuspecting user in the context of the affected site. This can allow the attacker to steal cookie-based authentication credentials and launch other attacks. WordPress version 2.0.1 is vulnerable; other versions may also be affected.
- Update to WordPress version 2.0.2 or latest
- Multiple XSS vulnerabilities in Google Web Toolkit
- WordPress Plugin Aesop Story Engine Cross-Site Scripting (1.6)
- WordPress Plugin Google Analytics Dashboard Cross-Site Scripting (2.1.1)
- WordPress Plugin qTranslate Cross-Site Scripting (2.5.39)
- WordPress Plugin Infusionsoft Gravity Forms Add-on Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (1.5.6)