- WordPress is prone to a cross-site scripting vulnerability because the application fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input. An attacker may leverage this issue to execute arbitrary script code in the browser of an unsuspecting user. This may help the attacker steal cookie-based authentication credentials and launch other attacks. WordPress version 2.1 is vulnerable; prior versions may also be affected.
- Update to WordPress version 2.1.1 or latest
- WordPress Plugin EZP Coming Soon Page Cross-Site Scripting (1.0.0)
- WordPress Plugin Store Locator Plus for WordPress Cross-Site Scripting (4.5.10)
- WordPress Plugin Banner Garden Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (0.1.3)
- WordPress Plugin MATRIX 3D Cross-Site Scripting (1.2)
- Joomla! Core 1.5.x Cross-Site Scripting (1.5.0 - 1.5.11)