- WordPress is prone to multiple cross-site scripting vulnerabilities because it fails to properly sanitize user-supplied input. An attacker may leverage these issues to execute arbitrary script code in the browser of an unsuspecting user in the context of the affected site. This may allow the attacker to steal cookie-based authentication credentials and to launch other attacks. WordPress version 2.0.1 is vulnerable; other versions may also be affected.
- Update to WordPress version 2.0.4 or latest
- Joomla! Core 1.0.x Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (1.0.0 - 1.0.10)
- WordPress Plugin wp-easybooking Cross-Site Scripting (1.0.3)
- WordPress Plugin FooBox Image Lightbox Cross-Site Scripting (1.0.4)
- WordPress Plugin Frontend Uploader Cross-Site Scripting (0.9.2)
- WordPress Plugin Gallery-Photo Albums-Portfolio Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (1.2.29)