Ms. Angel Rajan and Dr. Emre Erturk from the Eastern Institute of Technology, Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand, recently published a paper entitled “Web Vulnerability Scanners: Case Study”.
The case study analyses the benefits of using of an automated web vulnerability scanning solution like Acunetix, to do away with some of the tedious, time consuming tasks of manual penetration testing.
The paper is aimed at familiarising students of computer security with the use vulnerability scanners, provides a literature review on the topic of security vulnerability scanners, and addresses web vulnerabilities from mobile device and browser perspectives.
“Acunetix is one of the widely used vulnerability scanners. Acunetix is also easy to implement and to use. The scan results not only provide the details of the vulnerabilities, but also give information about fixing the vulnerabilities. AcuSensor and AcuMonitor (technologies used by Acunetix) help generate more accurate potential vulnerability results.”
This case study includes:
- A description of Acunetix and the version used.
- Explains the workings of Acunetix with screenshots.
- Describes a few high priority vulnerabilities identified by Acunetix.
- Discusses AcuSensor and AcuMonitor technologies.
- Identifies advantages and disadvantages of using Acunetix.
- Recommendations and Conclusions