We are pleased to announce a new release of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner version 8 – build 20130205 – which provides a better evaluation experience by reporting all the vulnerabilities that are present in your web application. This new build also includes other minor product improvements and bug fixes.
Important Note: This build includes an improved update mechanism. Future updates can only be downloaded automatically through this build.
- New 14 day Evaluation version will replace the Free Edition. Evaluating users can now perform full scans of their websites. The Evaluation version has the following limitations:
- All the vulnerabilities detected are shown to the user, but the location of the vulnerability and the solutions are only only shown when scanning Acunetix test websites
- Results cannot be saved
- Reports are disabled
- Scheduled scans are disabled
- Changed prioritisation of TLS protocol over SSLv3. This provides better support for IIS 7.5 web servers, which previously refused connections from Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner.
- Fixed crash that occurs when the Scan Wizard is used while the Login Sequence Recorder is running
- Fixed crash in Session Manager
How to Upgrade
When you start Acunetix WVS 8, a pop-up window will automatically notify you that a new build is available to download. Navigate to the General > Program Updates node in the Tools explorer, click on Download and Install the new build.
You can see the complete Acunetix WVS change log here. If you have any technical questions, feel free to email the Acunetix Team on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any sales related questions or are interested in becoming an Acunetix Reseller, email the Sales Team – email@example.com.
Make sure you keep up to date with the latest website security and Acunetix news by reading the Acunetix Blog, liking the Acunetix Facebook Page, and following us on Twitter.
Get the latest content on web security
in your inbox each week.