Integrating Acunetix 360 with Slack
Slack is a team messaging system that enables enterprise teams to communicate across a series of dedicated project or department channels via messaging and calls.
For further information, see What Systems Does Acunetix 360 Integrate With?.
How to Configure Acunetix 360 for Slack Integration
- Go to Sending messages using Incoming Webhooks and scroll down to the Create a Slack app section.
- Click Create your Slack app. The Create a Slack app dialog is displayed.
- In the App Name field, enter an app name.
- From the Development Slack Workspace dropdown, select a workspace. (If you are not currently signed in to the Slack workspace you want to integrate, select Sign in to another workspace from the dropdown.)
- Click Create App.
- In the Basic Information page, click Incoming Webhook.
- Switch the Activate Incoming Web Hooks status to 'On'.
- Click Add New Webhook to Workspace.
- From the Where should [AppName] post? dropdown, you can select an option.
- From the Where should test post?, select the channel or contacts you want to connect to on the nextscreen.
- Click Allow. A webhook URL specific to your link will be created.
- In the Webhook URL field, click Copy. (You will need this URL later.)
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- From the main menu, click Integration, then New Integration.
- From the Communication section, click Slack. The New Slack Integration window is displayed.
- Copy and paste the WebHook Url you created in Slack into the WebHook URL field in Acunetix 360.
- Click Create Sample Issue to confirm that Acunetix 360 can connect to the configured system and create a sample issue.
- Click Save.
How to Export Reported Vulnerabilities to Projects in Slack
There are several ways to send issues to Slack with Acunetix 360:
- Once notifications have been configured, you can configure Acunetix 360 to automatically send vulnerabilities after scanning has been completed (see How to Configure a Notification to Report Vulnerabilities to an Issue Tracking System).
- You can send one or more issues the Issues window:
- You must have Manage Issue permission,
- From the main menu, select Issues, then All Issues. The Issues window is displayed.
- Select one or more issues you want to send. Click Send To, then Slack.
- A popup is displayed, with a link to the issue you have sent to Slack. If there is an error, this information will be displayed instead.
- You can send an issue from the Recent Scans window:
- From the main menu, click Scans then Recent Scans.
- Next to the relevant scan, click Report. The report is displayed.
- Scroll down to the Technical Report section.
- From the list of detected vulnerabilities, click to select an issue and display its details.
- Click Send To, then Slack. If you have previously submitted this vulnerability to Slack, it will already be accessible. You cannot submit the same issue twice.