ISO 27001 Compliance Report
Acunetix 360 helps you to identify your web application’s shortcomings in complying with ISO 27001.
As an internationally adopted standard, the ISO 27001 Information Security Management Systems Standard specifies how the data should be managed. It lists the controls and objectives to increase, develop, and manage the security of data.
- Following scans, Acunetix 360 lists all vulnerabilities and other issues detected in your web application. But, if you only want to view those vulnerabilities that violate ISO 27001, you can generate the ISO 27001 Compliance Report.
- This report lists all vulnerabilities and issues that may infringe the ISO 27001 standard and classifies them according to the sections in the standard. It also displays all technical information for each identified vulnerability and, if any, proof of exploit.
- Both Acunetix 360 on-demand and on premises products allow you to generate the ISO 27001 Compliance Report. This report principally addresses the needs of developers and IT personnel.
There can be other vulnerabilities and security issues found in your web applications but not listed in the ISO 27001 Compliance Report.
The report does not replace an official one and cannot be used as an ISO 27001 Compliance report.
Click to view a sample ISO 27001 Compliance Report.
ISO 27001 Compliance Report Sections
There are five sections in the ISO 27001 Compliance Report:
- Scan Metadata
- Vulnerability Summary
- Vulnerability Names and Details
- Show/Hide Scan Details
This section provides details on the following items:
- Scan Target
- Scan Time
- Scan Duration
- Total Requests
- Average Speed
- Risk Level
This provides a numerical and graphical overview of:
- Numbers The numbers of issues detected at various Vulnerability Severity Levels
- Identified Vulnerabilities The total number of detected vulnerabilities
- Confirmed Vulnerabilities The total number of vulnerabilities that Acunetix 360 verified by taking extra steps such as extracting some data from the target.
This section provides a summary of information about each discovered vulnerability and categorizes them based on severity. For example, if Acunetix 360 determines a vulnerability as Critical, it requires immediate attention.
If you click on an identified vulnerability, you access detailed information, such as HTTP request and response codes and body, about the vulnerability and, if any, Proof of Exploit. If Acunetix 360 finds a vulnerability but has no proof of exploit, Acunetix 360 presents a certainty degree about this issue.
This table lists and explains the columns in the Vulnerability Summary.
This shows whether Acunetix 360 has verified a vulnerability.
This displays the name of the issue and provides a link to a detected issue that attackers can exploit.
This is the HTTP method of the request in which Acunetix 360 sent the payload. It demonstrates what Acunetix 360 deployed in order to identify an issue.
This is a reference to a resource that contains the issue.
This is the vulnerability severity level of the issue.
For further information, see Vulnerability Severity Levels.
Vulnerability Names and Details
This section describes all identified issues and vulnerabilities, along with their Impact and Proof of Exploit. It also explains what Actions to Take and a Remedy for each one, including External References for more information.
This table lists and explains the headings in the Vulnerability Names and Details section.
This is the name of the identified issue.
This is the label to group, organize, and filter issues in the target web application.
Proof of Exploit
This is a piece of evidence to prove that the vulnerability exists and information that is extracted from the target using the vulnerability.
For further information, see What is Acunetix 360?.
This displays further details about the vulnerability.
This indicates how much Acunetix 360 is sure about the identified issue.
This shows the effect of the issue or vulnerability on the Target URL.
Required Skills for Successful Exploitation
This gives details on how malicious hackers could exploit this issue.
Actions to Take
These are the immediate steps you can take to decrease the impact or prevent exploitation.
This offers further steps to resolve the identified issue.
This provides links to other websites where you can find more information.
ISO27001: This provides further information to help you comply with ISO27001 standards.
This provides further information on the solution for identified issues.
Proof of Concept Notes
These notes demonstrate in principle how a system may be compromised.
This is the whole HTTP request that Acunetix 360 sent to detect the issue.
This is the reply from the system against the payload.
Show/Hide Scan Details
This section provides some profile and policy settings that Acunetix 360 uses to adjust its scanning to reach more coverage. For example, it lists all enabled security checks.
It provides information on your preference in selecting this scan so that developers have more details on how the scan was run.
For further information, see Security Checks.
How to Generate the ISO 27001 Compliance Report in Acunetix 360
- Log in to Acunetix 360.
- From the main menu, click Scans, then Recent Scans. The Recent Scans window is displayed.
- Next to the relevant scan, click Report. The Scan Summary window is displayed.
- Click Export. The Export Report dialog is displayed.
- From the Report dropdown, select ISO 27001 Compliance.
- From the Format dropdown, select an option.
- If required, select one of the following to configure your report:
- Exclude Addressed Issues excludes those issues on which you've already taken action. (All Information level findings are marked as Accepted Risk automatically by default. To change this behavior, see Do not mark Information issues as accepted risks in General Settings).
- Exclude History of Issues excludes the issue history from the report. If unselected, only the last 10 history items appear in the report. For further information, see Viewing Issues in Acunetix 360.
- Export Confirmed includes only those issues that are confirmed.
- Export Unconfirmed includes only those issues that are unconfirmed.
- Click Export. You can view the report in the Save location.