Internal Agents in Acunetix 360
In some organisations, some websites will only be available on the local network (and not on the internet). You can use our Internal Agent feature to scan your internal websites while the results remain on our Acunetix 360 servers. All instructions for the installation will be supplied by the support team.
Filter the list of websites by clicking on the search icon () next to a column title and entering search criteria, as displayed in the screenshot.
The Internal Agents feature is available in both Acunetix 360 (On-Demand) and On-Premises.
- After installing the internal agent on your network, you should specify a website to scan it with the internal agent (see How to Configure an Agent for a Website)
- After installing the agents and determining which website will be scanned with the internal agent, you can start a scan on your internal website (How to Scan an Internal Website)
Manage Agents Fields
This table lists and explains the fields in the Agents window.
This is the name of the agent.
This is whether the agent is online and waiting for a scan assignment.
This is the date when the agent was first available.
This is the last time the agent took a scan assignment.
This is the version of Acunetix 360 On-Premises that the agent had downloaded.
This table lists the fields displayed when you click Expand for each listed Agent.
This is the Vulnerability Database Version running on the Agent.
This is the operating system on which the Agent is installed.
This is the environment in which the Agent is running.
Operating System Architecture
This represents the operating system architecture on which the Agent is installed.
This represents the process architecture on which the Agent is installed.
How to Configure an Agent for a Website
- Navigate to the New Website (or Edit Website) window, depending on whether you want to configure a new or existing website.
- In the Agent Mode field, click to select an option.
How to Scan an Internal Website
- From the main menu, click Scans, then New Scan.
- In the Target URL field, enter the URL of the internal website.
- From the Preferred Agent dropdown, select an internal agent to use it during the scan if there are more than one. Alternatively, you can retain the default setting (Any of the available agents), so that Acunetix 360 will automatically select one of them.
- Complete the remaining fields, and click Launch.
How to View Commands for an Agent
- From the main menu, click Agents, then Manage Agents. The Agents window is displayed.
- Select the relevant agent.
- From the Commands dropdown, click View Agent Commands.
The Commands window is displayed.
Accessing Agent Logs
The Acunetix 360 Scanning Agent stores the application logs in the Logs folder in the installation path.
With the latest version of the Agent, the last three days’ logs can be downloaded from the Manage Agents page. These logs are especially useful for troubleshooting.
How to Access Agent Logs
- From the main menu, click Agents, then Manage Agents.
- Next to the relevant Agent, click the Command dropdown and select Request Agent Logs.
- Once you confirm, the logs will be requested from the target agent and can be downloaded from the UI.
- Alternatively, when target logs are ready, you will receive a notification. Click the bell, then select the relevant notification.
- Click Download Logs. The download will start.