You may have heard that the biggest threat to your information security comes from your employees. That’s true for data accessed by applications on your internal network, protected by your firewall. By design, many web applications, network devices, and network services are accessible externally over the Internet.
Quickly and accurately assess the security posture of your external network devices and Internet-facing web applications. Find and fix glaring vulnerabilities that are data breaches waiting to happen, all while being provided with the technical and compliance reporting you need to supercharge your vulnerability management program, whilst providing your security team with the visibility they need to make long-term improvements.
Use External Vulnerability Scanning to See What a Malicious Hacker Sees
With an external vulnerability scan, you can test your network security the way an attacker will. Using a vulnerability scanner to conduct an external scan can help you find network vulnerabilities that could let a malicious hacker get past your network firewall to access internal systems and data. Acunetix Premium integrates OpenVAS into its industry-leading web application vulnerability scanner to conduct network scans that:
- Perform port scanning to detect open ports
- Scan to detect running services
- Probe for weak passwords on sensitive services such as FTP, POP3, and more
- Test for DNS vulnerabilities
- Identify poor configurations on proxy servers and other services
Detect a Wide Array of Web Vulnerabilities
Because web applications are designed to be accessed over the Internet, malicious hackers can, and frequently do, use them as an initial attack vector. Acunetix tests web applications for thousands of security vulnerabilities including:
- SQL Injection attacks
- Cross-site Scripting (XSS) attacks
- XML External Entity (XEE) injection
- Vulnerabilities in WordPress, its templates and plug-ins, Drupal, and Joomla!
Fix Vulnerabilities with Corrective Action
While identifying vulnerabilities is a good first effort, it doesn’t mitigate your exposure to data breaches and other attacks. In order to do that, you need to take continuous corrective action against vulnerabilities identified by a scanner like Acunetix. When your external network vulnerability scan is complete, Acunetix reports, WAF export, and issue tracker integration to help you address your network security risks:
- Comprehensive reporting including PCI DSS, HIPAA, and OWASP top 10 risks to help you assess your vulnerability status
- Line-of-code reporting to assist developers in implementing fixes to web application vulnerabilities while using AcuSensor
- Integration with Issue Tracking tools including Atlassian Jira, GitHub, GitLab, Bugzilla, Mantis, and Microsoft TFS to enable vulnerability management
Adhere to cybersecurity best practices with external vulnerability scanning that tests your network perimeter and web applications. Take a demo of Acunetix.
Learn more about prominent vulnerabilities, keep up with recent product updates, and catch the latest news from Acunetix.
“We use Acunetix as part of our Security in the SDLC and to test code in DEV and SIT before being promoted to Production.”Kurt Zanzi, Xerox CA-MMIS Information Securtiy Office, Xerox