DeepScan Technology – Crawl and Scan Accurately
Acunetix uses the Acunetix DeepScan technology – a fully automated web browser that can understand complex web technologies and seamlessly interact with them.
- Interacts with AJAX, SOAP/WSDL, SOAP/WCF, REST/WADL, XML, JSON, Google Web Toolkit (GWT), and CRUD operations
- Analyzes web applications developed in Node.js, Ruby on Rails, and Java Frameworks including Java Server Faces (JSF), Spring, and Struts
Hassle-Free Authenticated Web Application Testing
Acunetix can automatically test authenticated areas by recording a login sequence using the Login Sequence Recorder (LSR). The LSR makes it quick and easy to record a series of actions and/or restrictions that the scanner can replay to authenticate itself to a page. The Acunetix LSR supports a large number of authentication mechanisms including:
- Multi-step/custom authentication schemes
- Single Sign-On authentication
- CAPTCHAs and multi-factor authentication
Malware URL Detection
Acunetix includes a malware detection service that detects URLs linking to external sites that are known to host malware or to be used for phishing attacks.
- Detects malware URLs in the web application that is being scanned
- Identifies links to URLs that are used for phishing and fraud
- URLs are checked against Google Safe Browsing and Yandex Safe Browsing databases
We use both Apache and IIS servers and technologies including PHP, .NET, C, Perl and Java, for which we have found Acunetix to be very effective. We also find it very well priced in comparison to its competitors.