DeepScan Technology – Crawl and Scan AccuratelyAcunetix uses the Acunetix DeepScan technology – a fully automated web browser that can understand complex web technologies and seamlessly interact with them.
- Interacts with AJAX, SOAP/WSDL, SOAP/WCF, REST/WADL, XML, JSON, Google Web Toolkit (GWT), and CRUD operations
- Analyzes web applications developed in Node.js, Ruby on Rails, and Java frameworks including Java Server Faces (JSF), Spring, and Struts
Hassle-Free Authenticated Web Application TestingAcunetix can automatically test authenticated areas by recording a login sequence using the Login Sequence Recorder (LSR). The LSR makes it quick and easy to record a series of actions and/or restrictions that the scanner can replay to authenticate itself to a page. The Acunetix LSR supports a large number of authentication mechanisms including:
- Multi-step/custom authentication schemes
- Single Sign-On authentication
- CAPTCHAs and multi-factor authentication
Malware DetectionAcunetix has two malware detection features. The scanner detects URLs linking to external sites that are known to host malware or to be used for phishing attacks. Acunetix also downloads scripts from the target website and tests them for malware using Windows Defender on Windows and ClamAV on Linux.
- Detects malware URLs in the web application that is being scanned
- Identifies malicious scripts using Windows Defender or ClamAV
- URLs are checked against Google Safe Browsing and Yandex Safe Browsing databases
Learn more about prominent vulnerabilities, keep up with recent product updates, and catch the latest news from Acunetix.
“We use Acunetix as part of our Security in the SDLC and to test code in DEV and SIT before being promoted to Production.”Kurt Zanzi, Xerox CA-MMIS Information Securtiy Office, Xerox