Comprehensive security audits require a detailed inspection of the perimeter of your public-facing network assets. Acunetix uses the popular OpenVAS scanner to provide a comprehensive perimeter network security scan engine that integrates seamlessly with your web application security testing. The network security scanner is directly available in Acunetix Online and automatically integrates with Acunetix for Windows and Acunetix for Linux.
Scan Network Perimeter Services
Insecure network perimeters are still the cause of most data breaches. The perimeter is, therefore, one of the most important areas of your network to secure against vulnerabilities, misconfiguration, and other security threats that could compromise security or availability of network services. Acunetix provides you with a perspective of your network perimeter just like an attacker would see it. Use it to:
- Discover open ports and running services
- Test for over 50,000 known network vulnerabilities and misconfigurations
Testing for Network Vulnerabilities
Acunetix scans your network for vulnerabilities and presents results in the Acunetix dashboard, from where a network security report can be easily generated.
- Assess the security of routers, firewalls, switches, and load balancers
- Test for weak passwords: FTP, IMAP, database servers, POP3, Socks, SSH, and Telnet
- Test for DNS zone transfer, open recursive DNS, and DNS cache poisoning attacks
Detecting Network Security Misconfigurations
Acunetix can detect a wide array of network security misconfigurations that could lead to sensitive data disclosure, denial of service, or even compromise of hosts. Acunetix tests for:
- Anonymous FTP access and writable directories over FTP
- Badly configured proxy servers
- Weak SNMP community strings
- Weak TLS/SSL ciphers
Acunetix has helped our organisation to ISO 27001 certification. Acunetix is easy to use, comprehensive and provides excellent reports for each area of our business from management through to developers. Acunetix instills confidence within our organisation and our customers.