The Acunetix Team today announced an updated build of the Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 8 (WVS 8). The new build, number 20120326, includes new security checks that detect even more vulnerabilities as well as a series of bug fixes.
New Security Checks
Acunetix WVS 8 now runs security tests for Joomla 1.6.x/1.7.x/2.5.x Privilege Escalation.
Acunetix WVS 8 now provides security tests Joomla 1.7/2.5 Core SQL Injection.
- The crash in the Login Sequence Recorder has been fixed.
- The Login Sequence Recorder is accurately parsing websites which send back GZIP encoded content, even if it was not specified in the Accept-Encoding header.
- The Acunetix Reporter has improved the handling of missing scans reports.
- The Acunetix Reporter Console supports spaces within the specified parameters.
- The Acunetix Reporter accepts longer input names.
- More advanced security checks for MongoDB and Rails Mass Assignment.
How to Upgrade to Build 20120326:
On starting up Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner, a pop up window will automatically notify you that a more recent build is available for download. To download the latest build, navigate to General > Program Updates node in the Tools explorer, click on Download and Install the new build.
Click here for the complete Acunetix WVS change log.