The Acunetix Team today announced an updated build of the Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 8 (WVS 8). The new build, number 20120326, includes new security checks that detect even more vulnerabilities as well as a series of bug fixes.
New Security Checks
Acunetix WVS 8 now runs security tests for Joomla 1.6.x/1.7.x/2.5.x Privilege Escalation.
Acunetix WVS 8 now provides security tests Joomla 1.7/2.5 Core SQL Injection.
- The crash in the Login Sequence Recorder has been fixed.
- The Login Sequence Recorder is accurately parsing websites which send back GZIP encoded content, even if it was not specified in the Accept-Encoding header.
- The Acunetix Reporter has improved the handling of missing scans reports.
- The Acunetix Reporter Console supports spaces within the specified parameters.
- The Acunetix Reporter accepts longer input names.
- More advanced security checks for MongoDB and Rails Mass Assignment.
How to Upgrade to Build 20120326:
On starting up Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner, a pop up window will automatically notify you that a more recent build is available for download. To download the latest build, navigate to General > Program Updates node in the Tools explorer, click on Download and Install the new build.
Click here for the complete Acunetix WVS change log.
Get the latest content on web security
in your inbox each week.