We are pleased to announce a Release Candidate (RC) of the much-awaited Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner, version 8. This build fixes issues that were reported during the Beta stages of development and also adds a number of improvements which boost the accuracy of checks and make the scanning process even more intuitive and user friendly.
- The accuracy of Script Checks has been increased. The Acunetix development team is dedicated to continuously improve scan detection of security checks.
- The Graphical User Interface (GUI) has been enhanced in order to make menu navigation and usage easier and more effective than ever before.
- SSL security audit script is launched automatically when scanning a HTTPS website, regardless if port scanning is enabled or not.
- Added a number of new SQL Injection variants checks.
- HPP detection security script failed when testing input scheme with excluded variants
- Apply settings button not showing up in specific cases
- Fixed several issues related to pausing and resuming of crawler
- Fixed several issues when running multiple instances of the reporter
- Two backup files were being generated because of filename case insensitivity
- Filtering of wildcards from robots.txt
This release candidate of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 8 is considered complete, stable, and suitable for testing.
Testing Acunetix WVS Version 8 RC:
If you are interested in testing the Release Candidate build of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 8, and you already own an Acunetix WVS Enterprise or Consultant license with a valid maintenance agreement, contact us at email@example.com.
The Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 8 Free edition can be downloaded from here.