We are pleased to announce a Release Candidate (RC) of the much-awaited Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner, version 8. This build fixes issues that were reported during the Beta stages of development and also adds a number of improvements which boost the accuracy of checks and make the scanning process even more intuitive and user friendly.
- The accuracy of Script Checks has been increased. The Acunetix development team is dedicated to continuously improve scan detection of security checks.
- The Graphical User Interface (GUI) has been enhanced in order to make menu navigation and usage easier and more effective than ever before.
- SSL security audit script is launched automatically when scanning a HTTPS website, regardless if port scanning is enabled or not.
- Added a number of new SQL Injection variants checks.
- HPP detection security script failed when testing input scheme with excluded variants
- Apply settings button not showing up in specific cases
- Fixed several issues related to pausing and resuming of crawler
- Fixed several issues when running multiple instances of the reporter
- Two backup files were being generated because of filename case insensitivity
- Filtering of wildcards from robots.txt
This release candidate of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 8 is considered complete, stable, and suitable for testing.
Testing Acunetix WVS Version 8 RC:
If you are interested in testing the Release Candidate build of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 8, and you already own an Acunetix WVS Enterprise or Consultant license with a valid maintenance agreement, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 8 Free edition can be downloaded from here.
Check out what’s new in Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 8.
This link is related to an older version of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner. You will be redirected to download the latest version.