We are proud to announce the launch of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 6.
With this latest version, Acunetix is launching the new cutting edge AcuSensor Technology, which basically consists of application sensors that allow developers to identify many more vulnerabilities than when using a traditional web application scanner. This innovative security technology generates less false positives, provides more tools, and offers more options for vulnerability tests, setting new standards in web vulnerability scanning.
The new features of Version 6 are:
* AcuSensor Technology (Application Sensors) – In addition to allowing you to identify more vulnerabilities than with a traditional web application scanner with less false positives, it also indicates exactly where the vulnerability is in your code, and reports debug information.
* Blind SQL Injector Tool – Ideal for penetration testers, the Blind SQL injector is an automated database data extraction tool that is perfect for making manual tests that allow further testing for SQL injections. You can read more about this in Chapter 10 of the manual.
* Port Scanner and Network Alerts – Perform a port scan against the web server and when open ports are found, Acunetix WVS does complex network level security checks against the service running on that port, such as DNS Open recursion tests, weak SNMP community strings and many other network level security checks. You can also edit these fully scriptable network security tests from the vulnerability editor and also write your own network security scripts.
We have also achieved some major improvements with Version 6:
- Pause and Resume now available for scanning and crawling session.
- Possibility to scan websites protected with NTLMv2 authentication.
- Option to mark an alert as a false positive. The list of false positives can be customized from the application settings.
- The scanner can now generate a list of Uncommon HTTP responses such as Internal Server error – HTTP 500, server stopped responding, etc.
- Option to configure the scanner to stop if a number of network errors occur.
- Possibility to quickly locate vulnerability by using a filter when before it was only possible to search and not filter.
- Compare results tool can now compare Knowledge Base items and list of open ports.
- Much more flexible scheduler; ability to specify a specific day in a weekly or monthly schedule, and ability to also configure all scanning options available through the scheduler.
Note: In the FREE Version there is no need to configure the AcuSensor Password to scan the test websites as it is hardcoded in the application.
Get the latest content on web security
in your inbox each week.