An updated build of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 7 was released. This new build features a number of new security checks, automatic crawling and scanning of SVN repositories, improved Cross-site scripting checks and a number of bug fixes.
- Acunetix WVS will parse SVN repositories file structure and crawl it automatically
New security checks:
- ClientAccessPolicy.xml and CrossDomain.xml security checks
- Git repository security checks
- Check if htaccess file is readable
- Nginx PHP Code Execution via FastCGI
- Nginx buffer underflow vulnerability
- Nginx PHP FastCGI Code Execution File Upload.
- Improved Cross-site scripting checks.
- Maximum directory depth value was not working properly
- HTTP limitations were not respected from scripts
- When scanning a domain with subdomains, in some cases multiple scans were created for the same subdomain.
- Properly handling of situations when a file redirects to itself from http to https.
How to upgrade to build 20110308:
On starting up Acunetix WVS, a pop up window will automatically notify you that a more recent build is available for download. To download the latest build, navigate to General > Program Updates node in the Tools explorer, and click on Download and Install new build.
Click here for the complete Acunetix WVS change log.