An updated build of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 7 was released. This new build (20110711) features improved Cross-Site scripting (XSS) web security checks, an improved crawler, better web 2.0 support and a number of bug fixes.
- Included IMAGE tag with source in crawler for more detailed crawling data
- Improved Cross-site scripting checks.
- Introduced a number of improvements in the Client Script Analyzer (CSA) module for better Web 2.0 crawling.
- Fixed crash in Login Sequence Recorder when accessing specific sites with frames.
- Fixed Access Violation in fuzzer if XML filetype is selected and set an invalid filename.
- Fixed issue when authenticating against websites using Digest and NTLM.
- Fixed a file browser crash if visualizing file during scanning.
- Fixed a crash when loading saved scans from specific websites.
- Corrected interpretion of HTML encoding in Crawler.
- Fixed Access Violation in HTTP Fuzzer.
How to upgrade to build 20110711:
On starting up Acunetix WVS, a pop up window will automatically notify you that a more recent build is available for download. To download the latest build, navigate to General > Program Updates node in the Tools explorer, and click on Download and Install new build.
Get the latest content on web security
in your inbox each week.