Acunetix is proud to announce the launch of the BETA version of the upcoming Acunetix WVS Version 6.5.
With this latest version, Acuntix is launching a new set of checks which check for vulnerabilities in file upload forms. To date, Acunetix WVS Version 6.5 is the only vulnerability scanner which tests websites and web applications for such vulnerabilities. Such tests can take place even when not using AcuSensor Technology, but when such technology is enabled, the results are more comprehensive whilst reporting less false positives.
If you are interested in testing the new BETA of Version 6.5, and you already own an Acunetix WVS Enterprise or Consultant license with a valid maintenance agreement, contact us at email@example.com.
The new features of Version 6.5 are:
- File upload forms vulnerability checks
- New Login Sequence recorder; supporting much more authentication forms and web technologies
- Session Auto Recognition: during crawling, if the session is invalidated or logged out, the scanner will automatically replay the login sequence without the need for manual intervention
- Much more checks and alerts for JSP, Java and Tomcat web server
- Actions drop down menu; for each selected node, the actions drop down menu is activated showing all possible functions
We also achieved some major improvements with Version 6.5:
- Improved cookie management and session handling to support modern dynamic websites
- Port scanner results will appear as a single node in the results tree
- Users can import their settings from version 6 to version 6.5.
- Added blind SQL injection (timing test) using MySQL’s sleep and MS SQL’s waitfor functions. This will help in discovering particular blind SQL injections that do not report a change on the page.
Please send your feedback or bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to hearing from you!