The new Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner build number 20121106 includes a number of new features, new security checks, product improvements and as well bug fixes. To help web security experts automate their work, in this new build we included a new feature that allows you to schedule up to 2,000 website security scans via a csv file, rather than using the current scheduler web interface.
- Schedule up to 2,000 website security scans using a CSV file.
- Ability to exclude WSDL inputs from a scan from the WSDL scan wizard.
New Security Checks:
- Added a new security check for IIS global.asa / global.asax backup files.
- Added a new remote code execution security check for vbseo 3.6.0.
- New arbitrary PHP code execution security check for Drupal.
- New information disclosure security check for Drupal.
- Added several web security checks for Ekton CMS.
- New XSS security check that can find vulnerabilities in Referrer headers.
- Scheduler UI now supports pagination for faster load time.
- Improved XSS vulnerabilities detection in URIs.
- Improved Input Fields entries for better crawling of websites.
- Client certificates are now being used from the Login Sequence Recorder.
- Fixed a crash in the compare scans template.
- Fixed an AcuSensor injection problem with .NET Framework 4.0 applications.
- Fixed several Sensitive Directory vulnerabilities false positives.
- Fixed a Login Sequence Recorder crash.
How to Upgrade to Build 20121106
On starting Acunetix WVS 8, a pop-up window will automatically notify you that a more recent build is available for download. Navigate to the General > Program Updates node in the Tools explorer, click on Download and Install the new build.
View the complete Acunetix WVS change log here.
To keep up to date with the latest website security news, ‘Like’ the Acunetix Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter and read the Acunetix Blog. You can also download the trial edition of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner from here.
Get the latest content on web security
in your inbox each week.