Exporting Scan Results to WAFs - Introduction
The detection of vulnerabilities on a web application is the first step. Ideally these vulnerabilities are fixed rapidly after they are identified, however experience shows that this is not always the case. If vulnerabilities cannot be fixed in a timely fashion, the next best option is to mitigate the risk.
An Acunetix Premium scan can be exported to a format supported by the most popular Web Application Firewalls (WAFs), including:
- F5 Big-IP ASM (Application Security Manager)
- Imperva SecureSphere WAF
- Fortinet Fortiweb
- Amazon AWS Web Application Firewall
- Citrix Web App Firewall
- Generic XML export
Generate an Export File for a Scan
To generate the export file for a particular scan:
- click on "Scans" in the sidebar
- click on the scan you wish to work with
- click on the "WAF Export" menu button
- select the type of WAF file you wish to export
Now that you have exported the file, you will need to import it into the WAF itself.