Exporting scan results to WAFs - Introduction
The detection of vulnerabilities on a web application is the first step. Ideally these vulnerabilities are fixed rapidly after they are identified, however experience shows that this is not always the case. If vulnerabilities cannot be fixed in a timely fashion, the next best option is to mitigate the risk.
An Acunetix Premium scan can be exported to a format supported by the most popular Web Application Firewalls (WAFs), including:
- Citrix Web App Firewall
- F5 Big-IP ASM (Application Security Manager)
- Fortinet Fortiweb
- Imperva SecureSphere WAF
- Amazon AWS Web Application Firewall
How to export the scan result as a WAF rule
- Log in to Acunetix.
- From the main menu, select Scans.
- From the list of scans, select the scan result.
- On the Scan summary page, select the Export to drop-down.
- Choose the type of WAF file you wish to export.
Wait for a while, so Acunetix can generate the file. After the export, you can import the file into the WAF.