The Acunetix Team is pleased to announce an updated build of the Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 8 (WVS 8). This new built includes new security checks for more vulnerabilities, bug fixes as well as a series of new and improved features.
New Security Checks
- Acunetix WVS 8 scans Web Statistics Software Applications such as AWStats and Webalizer, crawls their result pages and notifies you if sensitive data is disclosed in such pages.
- Your website is now secured against ASP Code injection vulnerability.
- New security checks have been included for SQLite Databases.
- Acunetix WVS 8 provides security checks for Rails Mass Assignment.
- Acunetix WVS 8 offers you the possibility to stop the website crawling and proceed with the scan at anytime.
- You can choose a scan report template that you would like to use when scheduling a scan.
- Scripts are being executed faster thus the scans are taking less time to complete.
- Improved security scripts for Blind SQL injection, Remote File Inclusion XSS, File Inclusion and Directory Traversal.
- If a variant check for a specific vulnerability times out, Acunetix WVS 8 continues to launch the next variant checks assigned for that type of vulnerability.
- Crawler: input encoding was not correct for _EVENTTARGET = and /
- Ansi string was not working correctly when using specific languages other than English.
How to upgrade to build 20120305:
On starting up Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner, a pop up window will automatically notify you that a more recent build is available for download. To download the latest build, navigate to General > Program Updates node in the Tools explorer, click on Download and Install the new build.
Click here for the complete Acunetix WVS change log.